Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Halloween set - Cards for Hospitalized Kids

Hi all - I've mentioned Cards for Hospitalized Kids in the past - a worthy charity bringing joy to hospitalized kids by sharing handmade cards. Today I have a set of Halloween cards to send this charity. I ordered the Simon Says Stamp Limited Edition Halloween kit (sold-out) and it came in yesterday's mail - Yay!!

*** Warning - photo-heavy post ahead ***

Limited Edition Simon Says Stamp Halloween Card Kit CREEPY CUTE CCHK17 Preview Image
Photo from Simon Says Stamp's site

The kit came with the following:

  • Exclusive Simon Says Stamp 4x6 Clear stamp set "Creepy Cute"
  • Exclusive Simon Says Stamp Wafer thin Die "Witch Cat"
  • Exclusive Seed Beads "Fright Night"
  • Phrases and Stickers "Bootiful Night"
  • 3 sheets of 6x6 Cardstock in Doublesided Patterns
  • 2 Jars Tonic Mini Glow Drops: Banana Split and Apple Sour
  • WOW Glow in the dark Embossing Powder
  • 30 Mini Googly Eyes
  • Doodlebug Tricky Treat Braddies
  • My Mind's Eye "Trick or Treat" Puffy Stickers
  • 3 zipper close Kraft Stand up Treat pouch goody bags
  • Large Treat Box with Window
  • Simon Says Stamp Cardstock in White and Black
  • 1 Package Tim Holtz Halloween Trimmings
  • 12 Thick Tim Holtz Halloween Kraft Papers 8x8
  • 1 Ranger Foil Tape Sheet


  • What fun I had playing with this wonderful kit today, creating cards for a great cause! I made 20 quick cards using many of the kit's stickers and papers, plus some additions from Michael's & Target's bargain bins. I still have plenty of papers left and haven't even touched half the stuff in the kit! Here are the cards:

    Halloween cards set 1

    Halloween cards set 2

    Halloween cards set 3

    Halloween cards set 4

    Halloween cards set 5

    Just need to add messages to the insides but I consider this quite an accomplishment for 3 hours work! It helped to use DCWV A2 cards (neutrals) and I die cut the same stitched rectangle from My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 (retired) twice from 10 different papers.The kit's papers were from Tim Holtz's Halloween 8x8 paper pad (black or brown & orange papers on one side/kraft on reverse). The only other background paper I used was from a Michael's Halloween 6x6 pad (the spider web paper), plus some orange & black DCWV card stock. Here and there I also used some black Tim Holtz washi I had in my stash. The puffy pumpkin stickers came from Michael's and the Target $ bin had the fun enamel stars and spiders. I also used Hero Arts DC197 Halloween Trimmings Stamp & Cut for the Happy Halloween on some of the cards.

    Although the kit is sold out, many of the items are available singly at Simon Says Stamp so check it out if interested! Thanks for stopping and if you have a spare moment, visit Cards for Hospitalized Kids. You may find yourself sending them cards as I and some of my friends have been doing.

    Hope to see you back tomorrow for my latest Merry Monday Guest Designer card. Can you believe it'll be week 4 already?!

    5 comments:

    Jean said...

    Just WOW - you did a fantastic job with these products for a great cause!

    Betty said...

    what a production - every kid who gets one of these will be delighted!!

    Dawn T said...

    superb lot of cards. They will be much appreciated for sure.

    Greta said...

    Cute, cute, cute! These are just fabulous, Linda!

    Rosemary said...

    wow, wow, wow... you are going to make a whole lot of kids super, super happy this Halloween, linda!!