Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Skating moose - found him!!

Merry Monday all - I'm back to share a card with the stamp set I couldn't find until I searched most of last week! It fits for past challenge 254 to use a moose so I'm adding it to Merry Monday's Summer Link-up.

Merry Monday
and August!!

Skating moose
Supplies: Paper - Michael's A2 card, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 
Lawn Fawn Perfectly Plaid Winter Petite pad, Authentique Cozy 6x6 pad, 
Echo Park The Story of Fall 6x6 pad (sweater pattern)
Stamps - Avery Elle Snow Much Fun (moose & sentiment), Hero Arts Woodland by Lia (bunny)
Dies - Avery Elle Snow Much Fun Elle-ments, Spellbinder's 2010 Holiday Trees, 
Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders, Forest Border, Mini Snowflakes
My Favorite Things Die-Namics Blueprints 13
Other - Copic Markers, google eye, foam tape

I stamped the moose and colored him with Copics and added the google eye. His sweater was stamped on a scrap of patterned paper and fussy cut. I thought it was red but turned out to be orange from a fall paper pad! I simply colored it with a red Copic - perfect! The Authentique paper for the "sky" had snowflake on it but it looked empty so I added die cut snow flakes. What do you think of my plaid frozen lake for Mr. Moose's skating day?

Quick story - when challenge 254 was announced, I recalled 2015's moose challenge 175. I was enthralled by Kim's darling card - that week's challenge winner - and thought I'd ordered the Avery Elle set she used. But it wasn't in my Christmas stamp stash so I thought I was mistaken. Then I spotted the matching die set in a drawer - hmmm, where's the stamp set then??? I've done some crazy purchasing but didn't think I'd ordered the dies without the stamps! I hunted off and on during the week, starting with the obvious places. Going to the not so obvious places, I finally found it in a little box where I'd hastily thrown a few items before a Misty (brother's cat) visit. Moral of the story - put stuff back where it belongs!

During the search I also found some things I didn't know I had! And - oh no - a duplicate Tim Holtz mini stencil set. I asked my friend Betty if she had it - didn't, so I mailed it to her. Phew - I know she'll make good use of it! That's it for today - I'm off to practice some Christmas music that we're starting to rehearse already for our December show.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful week!!

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

cute card Linda. So pleased you found the stamp set you were looking for.

Rosemary said...

ha!! that skating moose is too fun, linda!! the googly eye is such a fun touch!

Cindy C. said...

So glad you found him, he's so cute!! Very sweet card Linda!

Jean said...

This is a delight and so glad you found the stamp set! Have a wonderful time at your rehearsal.

Greta said...

So glad you found the matching stamp, Linda! I need to put in big black letters "Put Stuff Away"--not holding my breath, though--haha! This is one darling card--love the papers you used!