Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Reindeer Sleigh

Hey everyone - back today with yet another Christmas card. I was excited to pick up a new Hero Arts Stamp and Cut set the other day (love them) & couldn't wait to give it a play. I decided to make an A10 card so I could fit 8 reindeer and the sleigh on it.

reindeer sleigh
Supplies: Paper - Neenah brown and Solar White; Heidi Swapp Marquee Love glitter,
Authentique Christmas Essentials 12x12 pad
Stamps w/matching dies - Hero Arts DC216 Jingle All the Way Stamp and Cut
Stamps - SSS Falling Snow, Hero Arts Envelope Liner Background (retired)
Dies - banner from some MFT Blueprint, Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes
Other - Copic markers, foam tape, Michael's gems, gold pen, May Arts string twine

After I cut and stamped all the elements, I realized that I had no Santa to sit in the sleigh. This lead me to placing the sleigh on a rooftop - presumably Santa is inside the house!! I cut a triangle for the roof and then freehand cut some icicle trim to top it. One row of reindeer is popped up, as is the sleigh. I stamped the roof for some texture as well as the sky. For some reason the snow doesn't show up very well; we won't talk about the abortive attempt to use Distress Spray (I saved that piece just in case it works for something else....).

Hope this little scene brings a smile! Thanks for stopping!!

I'm adding this to the Merry Monday Summer Link-up using past challenge 231 Reindeer.

MERRY MONDAY
And August!


6 comments:

!neke said...

Great card with the reindeer !!!!!

Lin said...

You've really made this set shine, Linda! What a fun design!

Cat Craig said...

Oh Linda this is darling!

Jean said...

This is fantastic. Didn't know about that stamp set - off to check out!

Rosemary said...

wow!! you are absolutely rocking the Merry Monday challenges, linda!! fabulous card!!

Greta said...

So clever--this is darling, Linda!